Skocz do zawartości
IGNOROWANY

[Temat Po Angielsku]Cht Logica, In English Please...

aloloa

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Hi to all,

I have a really hard time understanding Polish and google translate is even worse than I am!

I am considering buying the CHT Logica cca 30kW for my family house. I intend to use wood as a fuel. Could someone please summarize general opinions and experiences with this type of boiler?

Many thanks...

I am considering buying the CHT Logica cca 30kW for my family house. I intend to use wood as a fuel. Could someone please summarize general opinions and experiences with this type of boiler?

Hello aloloa,

The main question now is about the fuel.

If wood is the only one you intend to use (you won't use coal), Logica doesn't seem to be a good choice.

CHT says that coal is the main fuel to be used for Logica.

Same I could read here in polish.

There are some boilers burnig wood only (no coal) but they can burn it with much better result.

• Zgadzam się 1

Thanks for the answer.

CHT indeed do say that coal is the main fuel for Logica but I did not find that it is not recommended for wood and it somehow seemed as a "prime" boiler.

Do you think that Ultima would present a better choice (efficiency, comfort) if wood is to be used as a fuel?

What is the difference between Ultima and Ultima Plus (in reality)?

Is it regarded as a high-end, mid-range or low-end boiler?

Lots of questions, I know...

Well, CHT boilers are not regarded as typical wood ones.

Those who know how to burn wood efficiently would rather consider "Wood Gasification Boilers".

Look at Atmos website to learn more http://www.atmos.cz/english/

There are some more WGB in Poland but CHT is not in the group.

Well, CHT boilers are not regarded as typical wood ones.

Those who know how to burn wood efficiently would rather consider "Wood Gasification Boilers".

Look at Atmos website to learn more http://www.atmos.cz/english/

There are some more WGB in Poland but CHT is not in the group.

I am familiar with "Wood Gasification Boilers", but I gave up on the idea, because I do not have enough space for the accumulation tanks and wood (should be dried for at least a year, preferably two years) and the whole thing is a bit too pricey.

I am trying to find something in between the "old fashioned" boilers and "Wood Gasification Boilers". I thought for a moment that Logica was the answer. Maybe Ultima Plus ("Ultima Plus with fan semi woodgas boiler").

Is there anything in between at all???

How are CHT boilers generally regarded when it comes to quality? High-end, mid-range, low-end?

Aloloa Welcome!

I Anticipate, I use the translator ;-)

Have a furnace That is burning stove Lower the top will burn When the best wood will kindle at the top and it will take humidity below 20%,pour timber from the bottom you can only charge in kilns typically Lower combustion.

My colleague is right, in this furnace will be best to burn high-calorie fuel, eg short-fiery coal and coke. Moreover, surprisingly the best results in the burning of wood is Achieved on the natural chimney draft control and over, in this way the process occurs more slowly and Higher temperatures. The burning of wood, unlike coal is less controllable, and only improves the Gasification of the defect, so the normal combustion is best to have something to accumulate excess temperature and then slowly release it.

For me this function is Performed by the railroad water underfloor heating with radiators mounted Equally When the fire had long since burned out and the radiators are cold floor still gives the heat a long time ;-) And, burning wood in the furnace from above the VENUS ZĘBIEC 21kW in a traditional, home with living space is 200 m.

Yours :)

Aloloa Welcome!

I Anticipate, I use the translator ;-)

Have a furnace That is burning stove Lower the top will burn When the best wood will kindle at the top and it will take humidity below 20%,pour timber from the bottom you can only charge in kilns typically Lower combustion.

...For me this function is Performed by the railroad water underfloor heating ...

Yours :)

Try your 'railroad water'biggrin.gif(woda kolejowa) for steam engines instead, but be careful abt choosing the material the wood-gasifying boiler is made of ! Casting iron is here still much better&long lasting to welded carbon steel as a rule. And the as the heat accumulating device could be used also a big (300l+or 100gal+) hot household water tank, properly insulated of course. Last not least, all those old-fashoned brick walls are much better conserving heat (with outer 4-5"EPS layer to be more precise) than those delicate 'american 2by4s" ' cut-wood skeleton houses !

Consider all pros&cons and keep us in touch on the casesmile.gif!

A.

How are CHT boilers generally regarded when it comes to quality? High-end, mid-range, low-end?

I don't sell boilers but reading this forum for a couple of years I may say CHT boilers are not high-end.

I've read here about Junkers Supraclass or Dakon (type D) recommended as a low-cost mid-range coal-or-wood boiler.

Hope you've checked the Cichewicz Co. manual for Logica: logica.pdf - the steel not cast iron is mentioned as basic material of this boiler, being made with tubing type grate for good quality coal (dry: 25% H2O max wood is SUBSTITUTE fuel only, not as a dedicated one). Water tubing grate had been quite popular for some time in the industry, but no more now due to smoke/carbon depositing since remarkable decreasing all hearth temperatureohmy.gif ! After all, the fuel chamber volume (50-60litres regarding to the model up to 27kW, the larger models are much better of 120-180litres) could be an obstacle in wood long-time burning schemesad.gif abt.2-3h .

Good news are ceramic inlets increasing sustainability/carbon burn, and many cleaning openings - very useful especially at poor fuel quality-many occasions to get much dirtsmile.gifall around.

Wish you a Happy Ester and good acquirementrolleyes.gif in c.heating !

A.